Last Modified: June 19, 2022
- Children under the Age of 16. All website users must be at least 16 years of age. If we learn we have received information from a child under 16 we will delete the information. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to us through the Website or Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete the information from our database. If we learn a user is under 16 years of age, we will not disclose any personal information to any third parties unless the user has given opt-in consent. If you have reason to believe that a user is under 16 years of age, notify the Company in order to prevent disclosure of any personal data without opt-in consent.
- When We Collect Information From You. We collect data and process data when you access our Website, fill out forms on our Website, register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey, surf the website, or use or view our website via your browser’s cookies. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to ship an order.
- What Types of Information We Collect From you.
- Voluntary Information
- When you visit our Website or use our Services we collect certain types of information from you. This includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, age, sex, marital status, race, nationality, or other information you provide to us.
- Automatic Data Collection
- We do not always have control over how long the cookies are saved from non-affiliated companies.
- The categories of consumer data we have collected within the past 12 months includes demographics, name, email address.
5. How We Collect Information from You. The data controller is JC Design and Media. The technologies we use for automatic data collection include “cookies.” Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer that enables the website or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use functionality cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. We use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting in your browser but if you do you may not be able to access certain parts of our Website or Services. We also use flash cookies or web beacons for automatic data collection. You may also provide information that is public or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (“User Content”). Your User Content is transmitted to others at your own risk. You can find out more about cookie management and how to delete them from your browsers at Aboutcookiesorg.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- How We Use Your Information. Processing of your information is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests and does not infringe on any fundamental rights and freedoms. We use your information to understand and store information about visitor’s preferences, to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions, to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that we think you may like, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out billing and collection, for customer support, for marketing purposes, and in any other way we may describe when you provide information to us. We may use automated decision-making in processing your personal information for some services and products. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automatic if you are unhappy with it. We do not sell personal information or consumer data for monetary gain or valuable consideration. We also do not otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
7. Third Party Disclosures. Some content or applications on the Website are served by third parties, such as advertisements. We do not control third parties’ tracking technologies. You should consult the privacy policies of any such third party for more detailed information on their practices.
8. How We Disclose your Information:
- We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person
- We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- When we process your order we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- We may release information when it’s appropriate to comply with the law or enforce our site policies.
- Do Not Track Policy: Our site honors Do Not Track (“DNT”) browser settings. We do not track your online browsing activity on any other online service.
9. How We Store and Protect User Information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- We will keep your data for one year. Once this time period has expired we will set your data to be deleted in our tracking platform.
10. Your California Privacy Rights.
- If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
- Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information about them or their household, such as their name, postal or email address, and other personal identifying information. The right is subject to certain exceptions. For example, it does not apply to information that we share with certain third-party service providers so they can perform business functions for us or on our behalf. You may opt out by calling (412) 212-7058 or by emailing email@example.com.
- In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold personal information. Our policy is that we do not and will not sell your personal information unless you give us your consent or direct us to do so.
11. Right to Opt Out. You have agreed to receive marketing material from the Company and have consented to the Company disclosing your information to third parties for marketing purposes. You may opt out at any time. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Your Data Protection Rights.
- The Right to be Informed: This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The Right to Access: This is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The Right to Rectification: You have the right to have your data corrected and amended if what is held is incorrect in some way. You can request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or request that we complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: Under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called “The Right to be Forgotten.” This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: This gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The Right of Portability: you have the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may request copies of your personal data from us. You may request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. We may charge a small fee for this service or for any copies requested.
- The Right to Object. You have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision-making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right Not to be Subject to Discrimination for the Exercise of Rights: The Company will not refuse goods or services to individuals who exercise their consumer rights.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or (412) 212-7058.